Car Accident Attorneys
It’s never easy to cope with the physical and emotional impact of a serious car accident. Making matters worse, car accident victims often face overwhelming debt due to steep medical bills and lost income. The Connecticut car accident lawyers at Lueker Mott Zezula can alleviate the stress by answering your questions and helping you and your family fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our car accident attorneys are aggressive settlement negotiations and tough litigation. We are passionate about helping our clients recover the maximum compensation from those who have harmed them. Call us today at 203-408-6500 to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
The best car accident attorneys in Connecticut tend to be those who have successfully handled a variety of claims. Each case is unique, and it takes experience and finely tuned legal strategies to overcome the hurdles standing between accident victims and a fair settlement.
The personal injury lawyers at Lueker Mott Zezula are seasoned litigators who assist clients in the following types of auto accident cases:
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Injury Accidents
- Vehicle Rollover Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- Multiple-Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents Resulting in Catastrophic Injuries
- Car Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Accidents Caused by Mechanical Malfunctions
- Accidents Caused by Road Hazards
- Tire Blowout Accidents
- Passenger Injury Accidents
Do I Have Grounds for a Car Accident Claim?
If you intend to file a claim, it must be proven that the other driver owed you a duty of care and breached that duty of care. All motorists on CT roads have a duty to drive safely and avoid reckless behaviors that would put other people in danger. They breach this duty of care when they:
- Drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Drive while distracted;
- Make illegal turns;
- Fail to keep their vehicles safe;
- Break the speed limit; or
- Engage in other illegal or reckless behaviors.
If your accident was caused by a negligent driver, you have the right to pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages you have incurred as a result. Unfortunately, even if it seems obvious that another person is liable for your damages, you still might run into a dispute at some point during the claims process. This is where the Connecticut car accident attorneys at Lueker Mott Zezula can help.
We know the strategies used by insurance companies and defendants in car accident cases to reduce their liability. Insurance adjusters might try to manipulate you into making a recorded statement that can be used against you. They might offer a low settlement before you know the full extent of your injuries. They might even review your social media profiles for images that can be used to dispute the severity of your injuries.
No matter what the insurance adjuster tells you, the insurance company is likely not on your side when you file a claim against them. In most situations you should not speak to the insurance adjuster or accept a settlement offer from the insurance company without consulting an experienced car accident attorney.
The team at Lueker Mott Zezula is here to answer your questions and guide you through the process. We will handle correspondence with the insurance company so they cannot take advantage of you. We will perform a thorough investigation into your case, gather evidence before it becomes unavailable, speak with eyewitnesses, and aggressively represent your interests during settlement negotiations and in court.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
Your damages are comprised of economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages relate to loss of money or to expenses incurred as a result of an injury. Non-economic damages are intangible losses you have sustained as a result of your injury, including but not limited to pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment of life's activities. In short, no attorney can guarantee a specific outcome for your case. It is important to know that there are numerous factors that will influence whether your claim is successful and the amount of compensation you ultimately recover. Those factors include:
- The cost of the medical bills you have incurred;
- The cost of any future medical treatment you will need;
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries;
- Whether your injuries have impacted your future earning capacity;
- Whether you required home modifications to accommodate your injury;
- The cost of fixing your vehicle;
- Whether your injury caused scarring, disability, or the loss of a bodily function;
- The extent of your pain, suffering, and emotional distress;
- The loss of your ability to enjoy activities;
- Your credibility, reliability, and believability.
The Connecticut injury lawyers at Lueker Mott Zezula are happy to discuss the merits of your case and provide a free case evaluation that takes into consideration these numerous factors. In the end, our goal is to maximize the compensation you receive for your injuries. Contact us at (203) 408-6500.