Slip and Fall / Premises Liability
A trip or slip and fall accident can result in broken bones, brain trauma, soft tissue injuries, and many other devastating injuries and complications. The slip and fall lawyers at Lueker Mott Zezula can help you fight for the compensation you need to pay for medical bills, lost income, and other damages you have suffered due to your injuries. Call us at (203) 408-6500 for a free consultation. There is no fee unless we get you a settlement or award.
Types of Cases Our Attorneys Handle
A slip and fall can happen anywhere. One spilled beverage or small puddle could be all it takes to cause debilitating injuries. With a comprehensive knowledge of premise liability laws, the attorneys at Lueker Mott Zezula provide aggressive legal representation in the following types of cases:
- Indoor slip and fall injuries;
- Outdoor slip and fall injuries;
- Slips and falls in supermarkets;
- Slips and falls that occur on sidewalks and walkways;
- Slips and falls at marinas;
- Slips and falls on boats;
- Slips and falls in apartment complexes;
- Slips and falls caused by rain, snow, or sleet;
- Slips and falls that occur on tile, carpet, concrete, or linoleum;
- Slips and falls due to inadequate lighting or lack of handrails; and
- Slips and falls on elevators or escalators.
When it comes to premises liability injury claims, preservation of evidence is crucial to your claim. It is important that you find a slip and fall lawyer who will give your case personalized attention. The attorneys at Lueker Mott Zezula will quickly investigate your case to identify all potentially liable parties and gather all evidence of liability before it becomes unavailable, which might include:
- Surveillance footage of your fall;
- Witness testimony;
- Testimony from expert witnesses;
- Records of slips and falls that occurred on the same property;
- Photos of the dangerous condition that caused your fall;
- Maintenance records;
- Incident reports; and
- Police reports.
What Damages Are Recoverable After a Slip and Fall?
The answer to this question depends on the specific facts of your case. Once hired, our attorneys will evaluate your medical records, invoices from accident-related expenses, and other evidence you have gathered to determine the types of damages you may be able to recover. Personal injury claimants can pursue compensation for:
- Economic Damages: These include past and future medical expenses, lost income, reduced earning capacity, and other expenses you have incurred or might incur in the future due to your injuries.
- Non-Economic Damages: These include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life's activities, and loss of consortium for your husband or wife.
- Punitive Damages: Usually only available in extreme cases, these are intended to punish the defendant for egregious behavior that results in your injuries.
The damages you may be able to recover will depend on the severity of your injuries, the amount of income you lost during recovery, whether you will be able to return to work, the effects of your injuries on your relationships, and many other factors.
What Steps Should I Take to Strengthen My Slip and Fall Claim?
There are several important steps you should take after your fall and over the hours and days that follow to strengthen your claim, including:
- Write down the sequence of events that led to your fall including details about how your fall occurred, where your fall occurred, whether the ground was wet, the lighting conditions, the weather conditions, etc.;
- Take time-stamped photos of the accident scene before the property owner has a chance to fix the hazard that caused your fall;
- Report the incident to the property owner or manager, and/or the police;
- Obtain copies of the incident report or police report;
- Put your shoes and the clothes you were wearing in a safe place in case the at-fault party argues that your footwear contributed to your fall;
- Record the contact information of witnesses;
- Seek medical attention; and
- Contact Lueker Mott Zezula to discuss how to proceed with your claim.
If you or someone you love was injured in a slip and fall accident, the Connecticut premises liability lawyers at Lueker Mott Zezula are here to help you. Call (203) 408-6500 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation.